At Kilternan Church of Ireland National School we strive to provide ICT equipment that furthers the teaching and learning of our pupils in this digital age.
ICT is used in all the classrooms throughout the school in an age appropriate way.
As there is not a designated time for the use of ICT in teaching and learning teachers integrate its use in curricular subjects e.g. SESE.
Much effort has been made over the years to progress the school by the previous ICT co-ordinator Melanie Timmons and the current co-ordinator Tanya Riordan.
Currently in the school:
A HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported us with our ever evolving e-learning vision, and keep checking in here for new developments.
- we have two laptop trolleys and 30 pupil laptops, as well as a wireless photocopier/printer to enable the pupils to print their work.
- each classroom has its own digital camera.
- our school has a fabulous website www.kcoins.ie
- the school now has wireless internet and work is being done to improve the broadband speed.
- we have a wide range of software installed on the computers and laptops.
- all classrooms have a projector, visualiser and wireless keyboard & mouse.
- most parents receive their notes and letters via e-mail
- we have purchased 6 pupil iPads and 4 for the use in the Special Educational Needs Department.
- we have used Tesco vouchers to get a scanner, digital microscope and BeeBot robot (with accessories),
- every teacher has a laptop for planning and teaching.
- we have an online school database, Aladdin.
- we have a school server which pupils and teachers use. This is also backed up to a cloud based server.